Pages

Daniel Botana

What's New in Percussion.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Soultone Cymbals


Drum Roll please…for this week's post I will be introducing a company I came across on Twitter. As a percussionist, I find that I am overwhelmed with seeing big brands such as Zildjian, Vic Firth, Tama, etc. I also find that I want to know more about companies that are hidden throughout this awesome industry. As a business graduate and current grad student, finding out the motivation, stories, and inception behind new companies intrigues me. This is where Soultone Cymbals come into play. 
Iki Levy founded Soultone Cymbals in 2003. Iki Levy is a percussionist that has worked with several names in the industry. He has worked with acts from Paula Abdul & Donna Summers, to the High School Musical Cast and O-Town. Iki had this to say "I wanted to use the best products possible, and I had the opportunities, but I was not happy with anything those companies were producing". Now, that is what I'm talking about! A percussionist that says he wants to change what makes him unhappy so that he can make a difference in an industry that he is passionate about is something to truly admire. So what makes Soultone Cymbals unique enough? Well let me tell you!

Soultone Cymbals are hand-hammered cymbals in Turkey. The company is meticulous about their product and strives to bring only the best to their customers. When their cymbals are imported to the US, the cymbals are then handpicked and sorted into matching sets. Iki says, “The blend of the metals we use is our own process that employs a balance of proper weight and tone properties. This creates the real difference between Soultone Cymbals and any other brand”. So far, what I love about Soultone is that they are telling you, the consumer, why you should buy their product and why you should give them a chance. Soultone Cymbals also offer both traditional and modern sounds with less strenuous effort, more control, and of course a sound that pushes the drummer to keep jamming! So how much more unique can Soultone possibly get, well their touch and feel of their cymbals have a more responsive bounce to the stick which allows for improved precision without losing the dynamics.
So take a chance and check out Soultone! They deserve it. I love companies that take the time to answer questions, reach out to consumers and teach them about what they stand for, their mission, and ultimately their story!

No comments:

Post a Comment