Pages

Daniel Botana

What's New in Percussion.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bad Rabbits


Drum Roll Please…This week I’ll be featuring one of my favorite bands, Bad Rabbits. I came across Bad Rabbits about 3 years ago. I was looking on the vans Warped Tour page and scrolling through the lineup. I started checking out bands I had never really of and when I heard Bad Rabbits boy was my mind blown away. At that moment, I knew that I had found a gem.


            Back during that time, Bad Rabbits had a little over 2,500 likes on Facebook but after they came off the Warped Tour their numbers grew to over 22,000. Since Warped Tour, I have been following their career very closely. Around the time of the tour they had released one EP called Stick Up Kids. Every song on that EP just made you get up, dance and sing your heart out. After about two years, Bad Rabbits hit the studio. They just released their new album, American Love, this past week. I was so pumped for their new album, that I actually covered their hit single “We Can Roll” on my YouTube channel after I promise I had made to them back in March.

I had the pleasure of seeing Bad Rabbits again at the Social in Orlando, Florida. It was one of the best concert experiences I have ever had. It was one of the best for several reasons. Firstly the size of the venue was so small that it made the concert super intimate. By intimate I mean that the band could personally interact with each and every fan. On another note, the size of the venue also made it really easy to be able to meet with the band after the show and provided the opportunity to spend some time talking to them. Enough about my personal experiences with the Bad Rabbits though, let me share some more news as to why you should check them out!
Bad Rabbits has come along way from their hometown in Boston. This Friday, May 17, they are going to make an appearance on Jimmy Kimmel Live. To pump up the release of American Love, Can’t Fool Me was sampled on ESPN First Take. Finally, I predict they are going to win a Grammy for Best New Artist within the coming years. Head on over to badrabbits.com, check out their music, merch and story, I promise you will be impressed and those dancing shoes will be ready to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment